About the role:
We are looking for a Mid/Senior Front-End Developer to help us build digital tools across our business. We develop and manage our own platform and we use a variety of server-side technologies. Our favourite candidates are developers that follow best practices in developing complete user interfaces with a focus on quality and performance, willing to take ownership and care of their work.
About the company:
Food waste is a $1 trillion problem – costing the world over 1% of global GDP. We’re dead set on solving the problem by developing cutting edge technology to transform the way we produce food.
Now in our fifth year of operation, we are currently operating in over 30 countries solving food waste issues for many blue chip global clients. We are rapidly growing, we are well funded, and we are just at the start of our journey.
Our current product is solid. But we are ambitious and have big plans to transform our system to one which makes headlines. To help us achieve this we will be investing heavily in hiring the smartest and most talented technical expertise.
- Develop new user-facing features ensuring code quality and high performance
- Write reusable code
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Cooperating with back-end developers in the process of building RESTful models
- Able to estimate effort required and deliver to your commitment
Technology is at the forefront of what we do, and the success of our company is based on our world-class technology and on finding solutions to real world problems that have not been solved to date. Our current stack includes:
- Android SDK
- REST APIs
- Designing and manufacturing IoT ‘smart’ edge devices and expanding using Linux powered devices on the field collecting data using cutting edge technologies
- Focus on security, user authentication, permissions, data integrity
- AWS Cloud using EC2, Aurora, S3 and other services
- JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket (Atlassian products)
- Moving to a micro services architecture using Kafka for messaging and currently implementing other patterns
- Continuous Integration and Delivery using Jenkins, SonarQube, New Relic, Docker, Terraform
- Test Driven Development environment with focus on testing, quality output and clear scoping
- Agile team using Scrum or Kanban (each team chooses the best approach to drive results)
- Reporting and Analytics using Pentaho
- Deep understanding of Vue.js, React or Angular
- Familiar with best practices, tooling and concepts used in Single Page Applications development
- Knowledge of SCSS best practices and caveats
- Keen on mobile first and responsive design practices
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Experience in contributing to existing project(s) with imperfect documentation and rapidly evolving requirements.
- Solid understanding of concepts like Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Code Coverage, Code Quality, Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, and Integration Testing.
- Have experience using tools like JIRA and Confluence in a fully Agile environment
- Knowledge and understanding of Jenkins or other CI tools
- Professional and precise communication skills
- Comfortable in a fast-moving small company environment where things change based on data and customer feedback.
- Basic understanding of back-end technologies
- Competitive base salary
- Company stock options package
- Eligible for discretionary annual bonus
- Health insurance
- 25 days of paid vacation time in addition to national holidays
- Shared office space with a great working environment and a flexible approach to work
- You will love what you do – waking up every day solving one of the biggest social problems of our generation
- Committed team members with broad experience who share a common passion to build a world class business
Of course, everyone’s career has a different path and you may not have all of the skills and/or experience listed below.
However, if you feel you might fit the job, feel free to prove your point and contact us.
If you're in any doubt whether to apply and you have many unanswered questions (after all, an enquiring mind is what we're looking for) please e-mail Diana: firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back ASAP with a response to your enquiry.