Senior QA Engineer
19 Mai 2020
About the company:
We are an innovative cybersecurity company and we are building a trusted secure communications platform for mobile and Internet of Things (IoT). The platform enables organizations and developers to create products with our APIs and quickly enter the market by removing barriers around compliance and security assurance. Our patented software technology combines compression and encryption to enable high-quality secure voice, video and messaging. We were named one of the UK's 13 most promising cybersecurity startups. We have worked with organizations such as Vodafone, IBM, BAE Systems, UK Ministry of Defence, US Department of Defense, UK and Global banks as well as other UK Government agencies.
Our vision for the role:
The Senior QA Engineer will design, develop, run, support, maintain and improve all QA activities. This is for all work be it internal product development, enhancements and R&D or external Projects with Clients under a Contract.
What we need your help with:
- Design, development and execution of test cases based on requirements and user stories
- Contributing to feature specification, estimation and development as part of an agile team – ensuring quality is part of the process
- Identifying, diagnosing and reporting of software issues
- Preparation and execution of regression test plans
- Identification of automation opportunities where feasible and appropriate
- Setting up and maintaining test environments
- Closely working with other team members in best practices for building quality software
- Constantly reviewing the QA process to see areas of improvement and documenting key changes
Your Key Skills:
- 4 – 5+ years of software testing in a QA/testing related role
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Context-based exploratory or scenario-based testing techniques
- Detailed understanding of QA process and methodology
- Willingness to learn new technologies and techniques
- Demonstrable basic knowledge of database, network, O/S, dependencies and application issues
- Ability to adjust test approach within existing application or testing environments when issues occur
- Ability to troubleshoot, communicate, and resolve generalized system, data, and/or application issues
- Experience of working in Agile environments
- Experience installing and setting up the software in environments
- Experience in Jira
- Performance Testing skills
- Working with multi-location Teams
- English is essential and must be fluent in speaking and writing
- Writing SQL queries and using relational databases
- Programming experience
- Test Automation
- Coaching experience
Here are some things that we really need, to have a great start:
- People who take ownership of what they do and proactively contribute
- Team players with a drive to deliver, producing work on time and to a high standard
- Independent thinkers who are inquisitive and not afraid to suggest new ideas
- Individuals that are data-driven but able to make judgment calls when necessary
What we offer:
- 23 working days paid annual leave
- Annual Meal Voucher
- Annual Medical Insurance
- Annual Gym Membership
Of course, everyone’s career has a different path and you may not have all of the skills and/or experience listed below.
However, if you feel you might fit the job, feel free to prove your point and contact us.
If you're in any doubt whether to apply and you have many unanswered questions (after all, an enquiring mind is what we're looking for) please e-mail Diana and she'll get back ASAP with a response to your inquiry.
*Please note that by applying to this role you give your consent to have your personal data processed by us for this role and for future ones.