Job type: Full-time
About the company:
We are the leading Swiss AI company, enabling enterprise clients to open the doors of the goldmine buried in their data.
Founded in 2018 with a mission to democratize AI for the good of society and businesses, we count already over 50 visiumees across 6 countries dedicated to accelerating the adoption of state-of-the-art Artificial Intelligence across traditional companies.
We are the strategic AI partner of world-leading companies and we contribute to them with ethical AI solutions that have a massive positive impact on their business, customers and employees.
To further uphold our commitment to the community, every ten projects we launch a pro-bono initiative with impactful NGOs such as WWF.
About the role:
Join our growing team and take part in our expansion in Switzerland and internationally. As a Data Engineer, you will work with various stakeholders to provide business leaders with valuable insights from large and complex datasets. Starting from raw data, you will help build robust systems to make this data usable and accessible. You will:
● Understand clients' data landscape and assess data quality
● Work closely with business and IT stakeholders to understand business requirements
● Work with high volume heterogeneous data with distributed systems
● Extract, transform and load data from various sources by developing robust data pipelines.
● Create data warehouse models based on common modeling best practices (Kimball, Inmon, Data Vault 2.0)
● Develop dashboards, reports and other visualizations for clients
● Contribute to an exciting environment with a challenging team
Who are you?
● Data enthusiast, you are not scared to dive in and to ask the right questions
● Growth mindset, always on the lookout on what you can improve, rationalize and consolidate with impeccable attention to detail and drive to excel
● Fast learner and have a problem-solving attitude, the projects you will work on are not textbook cases, you will need to be imaginative to bring the best solutions with strong communication skills
In addition, this should be part of your background :
● Proven experience in Python and SQL
● Experience with designing, building and maintaining data pipelines in production
● Experience with cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP)
● Knowledge of designing and maintaining data warehouses in production
● Knowledge of provisioning data lakes in a production environment
The following are a plus:
● Familiarity with distributed computing frameworks (e.g. Spark, Dask) and analytics libraries
● Knowledge of business analytics
● Proficiency in Scala
What we offer:
● A workplace with numerous exciting and challenging projects applying state-of-the-art Artificial Intelligence in diverse industries for the world’s best brands
● A steep learning curve with exceptional gains, professionally and personally
● A position that enables you to have an impact on 1’000s of people
● A welcoming, international, and diverse team with a fun and dynamic spirit
● Cross offices/company-wide frequent team events
● Competitive salary
● Opportunity to join a talented and experienced startup with proven traction in its journey
● Open and transparent culture
Of course, everyone’s career has a different path and you may not have all of the skills and/or experience listed below.
However, if you feel you might fit the job, feel free to contact us.
If you're in any doubt about whether to apply and you have many unanswered questions (after all, an enquiring mind is what we're looking for) please e-mail Adriana and we'll get back ASAP with a response to your inquiry.
Notify a friend