Reporting to the Head of Product and Engineering, the Test Engineer will drive the improvement of quality assurance for the software products including expansion of automated testing. This role requires you to drive the testing outcomes for a complex product with lots of deployment scenarios whilst balancing effort vs quality and risk outcomes. You will need to be proactive, flexible, and innovative whilst working closely with engineering and product management to achieve these outcomes.
What we need your help with:
- A hands-on tester who is comfortable across a range of functional and cross-functional testing
- Exploratory testing, rather than just working to test plans
- Triage issues, identify root-cause using logs and other tools to define corrective actions
- Test automation and identification of opportunities for efficiencies
- Working closely with developers, product owners, other quality analysts and customers in an open and highly collaborative environment
- Implementation of automated testing to cover new and (where possible) and existing product functionality
- Assist with manual smoke testing where required.
Here are some things that we really need, to have a good start:
- Proactive approach backed by 5+ years experience in Software Testing (manual and automation)
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to keep customers, groups and teams on the same page
- Ability to think strategically when developing tests
- Ability to demonstrate elements of Systems-thinking as applicable to the QA-process
- Some knowledge of Microsoft Graph and the SharePoint REST service and how to effectively use the relevant AIPs (nice to have)
- Understanding of deploying, configuring and/or using SharePoint farms and other O365 applications.(nice to have)
- UI frameworks (i.e. Angular/React/Vue)
- UML, component model design, open-source tools
- Familiarity with software development using with Agile, Lean, and Continuous Delivery best practices.
- Experience with modern testing tools & approaches such as Selenium, Watir, Protractor, Cucumber, BDD etc.
- Ability to test underlying APIs directly without engaging the UI
- Familiarity with CI & deployment pipelines
- Knowledge of SQL with the ability to write queries to support testing activities
- The ability to work efficiently with Analysts and Product Owners to define and prioritize Test Plans.
- Delivery of technical solutions that provide a great customer experience, easy to support and are cost effective across the entire customer journey.
- Assist customers with root cause analysis and general debugging both for our applications and at times general aspects such as security or network related faults.
- Balance priorities between the long-term vision and short-term execution of our business priorities
Of course, everyone’s career has a different path and you may not have all of the skills and/or experience listed above.
However, if you feel you might fit the job, feel free to contact us.
If you're in any doubt about whether to apply and you have many unanswered questions (after all, an enquiring mind is what we're looking for) please e-mail Diana and we'll get back ASAP with a response to your inquiry.
*Please note that by applying to this role you give your consent to have your personal data processed by us for this role and for future ones.