We want to talk to you if you are:
- Self-motivated. You don’t want to be micro-managed, or have your handheld. You don’t shy away from hard work, and always embrace new challenges
- Self-aware. You’re confident in your strengths and know what your weaknesses are. These don’t discourage you, rather, they make you even stronger
- Honest. You aren’t perfect, and neither are we. Integrity, honesty, and humility are hallmarks of your life
- Generous. You love helping others, sharing your expertise, and creatively giving back
- A genuine communicator. When you talk to clients or your teammates, you’re clear, to the point, confident, and genuine
- A learner. When you don’t know something it’s not a roadblock — you passionately seek answers and solutions without being told to.
Here are some things that we really need, to have a good start:
- 3+ years of UI experience designing user experiences and interaction design for rich interactive websites and/or applications.
A digital portfolio that we can review online is a plus.
- Exceptional user interface and experience design skills with an understanding of
user-centered design disciplines, principles, and best practices, as well as an eye for
- Capable of translating system complexity into simple, easily consumable design
concepts that intelligently marry user needs, business goals, and technical realities, while intuitively reflecting the way our consumers perceive their benefits coverage and the tasks they must complete.
- A solid understanding of modern web technologies and the ability to design across all types of communication channels, with a particularly strong focus on responsive and native mobile.
- Experience with constructing and leveraging design systems, understanding reuse and scale, and knowing when to contribute to making them better.
- Strong ability to apply visual design concepts such as page layout, grids, responsive breakpoints, prioritization of information, usage of color palettes, proximity, contrast, and font stack usage.
- Expertise using Adobe XD, and other standard UI/UX design tools and good knowledge of software such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and the like.
- Ability to work as part of an Agile/Scrum team, influencing business partners, product owners, and developers on the need for strong UX design that is informed by ongoing lean user research. This also means effectively communicating design processes, ideas, and solutions.
- Self-starter with a passion for results, bringing forward new methods or tools to help advance the user experience and our Digital Experience practice.
What we need your help with:
- Champion the user experience strategy and vision set forth by the UI/UX leadership team, as well as help contribute to this vision.
- Assist in defining and executing our user-centered design process, ensuring best practices are employed across the scrum teams that you are assigned to. This means handling multiple UI assignments and deliverables while also helping to provide cross-team support, standardization, best practices, and interconnection.
- Partner with business product owners, marketing roles, Scrum team members, and subject matter experts to support the development of user interfaces that are implementable across multiple communication channels, with an emphasis on digital platforms.
- Facilitate the Product Owner’s vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping, and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Iteratively design user interfaces that deliver an exceptional, consistent user experience and reinforce the corporate brand, by rapidly translating blue-sky,
- Journey-level concepts into detailed user flow, wireframes, mockups, and
- Help build, evolve, and update our design system pattern and style libraries, while
also keeping the supporting documentation optimally organized and maintained.
- Consistently apply our design system to all user experiences you design by
leveraging our brand guidelines, color palettes, font stack, icons, and other artifacts,
while also ensuring compliance with Accessibility Standards.
- Proactively provide feedback to influence Marketing Brand standards, guidelines,
- Lead cross-functional, collaborative “design studio” sessions to brainstorm, ideate,
and sketch out innovative new product concepts. Assimilate winning ideas, while
maintaining overarching UI vision.
- Work closely with development teams throughout scrum sprints to ensure that user
interfaces are implemented in full adherence to the prototypes and design specifications.
Of course, everyone’s career has a different path and you may not have all of the skills and/or experience listed above.
However, if you feel you might fit the job, feel free to contact us.
If you're in any doubt about whether to apply and you have many unanswered questions (after all, an enquiring mind is what we're looking for) please e-mail Diana and we'll get back ASAP with a response to your inquiry.
*Please note that by applying to this role you give your consent to have your personal data processed by us for this role and for future ones.