About the role:
Our Cluj office was established 3 years ago as a Technology hub to drive the implementation of the company's Technology plans. Today, the office consists of 35 colleagues and is continuing to grow. We are now looking for a dynamic and inspiring leader who will provide day-to-day management of the entire Cluj team, in addition to having direct responsibility for the Technology Delivery teams (QA, Support, Architecture).
As you’d expect with any fast-growing organization, you’ll enjoy a wide variety of responsibilities. Working closely with the Company Founders and Head of Development you won’t be afraid to roll up your sleeves and help unblock colleagues at the ground level. You’ll provide daily direction and decision-making to the Romania-based team, whilst also providing input to and representing the region in global strategic decision making.
You’ll be expected to take a keen interest in industry trends and new technologies and help evaluate and incorporate them into the business moving forward to make sure it remains an environment of innovation.
This is a truly exceptional opportunity for a driven and motivated individual to lead our office in Cluj.
- Work closely with technical operations team to ensure proposed solutions will work
- effectively with hardware, we supply or commit to support as required.
- Grow the office taking ownership for the recruitment, selection and onboarding of new joiners to meet annual headcount plans
- Estimate and track budget related to projects, technology selection, resource management
- Oversee local administrative activities such as office space, equipment, finance, and monthly payroll
- Mentor, coach and develop team members including performance management for direct reports
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement, challenging current practices with a view to constantly improving the performance of team members, process, tools, and deliverables
- Participate in system design and system architecture efforts
- Support our commercial team in responding to technical questions in customer procurement and onboarding processes
- Evaluate current and new technology and recommend improvements in stack or architecture
- Automate low-value activities in the workstream to improve our efficiency
- Track and monitor performance metrics of our tech teams and our deployed software
- Deliver quality applications and services
- Maintain current knowledge of technology landscape and developments, taking the initiative to drive innovation and adoption of best practices
- Be an active member of the global leadership team
- Technology is at the forefront of what we do, and the success of our company is based on our world-class technology and on finding solutions to real-world problems that have not been solved to date. Our current stack includes:
- Languages: Java, VueJS, Python, Go
- Android apps (Kotlin/Java)
- REST APIs
- Designing and manufacturing IoT ‘smart’ edge devices and expanding using Linux powered devices on the field collecting data using cutting edge technologies
- Focus on security, user authentication, permissions, data integrity
- AWS Cloud using EC2, Aurora, S3 and other services
- JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket (Atlassian products)
- Moving to a Microservices architecture using Kafka for messaging and currently implementing other patterns
- Continuous Integration and Delivery using Jenkins, SonarQube, New Relic, Docker,Terraform
- Test Driven Development environment with focus on testing and quality output
- Agile team using Scrum or Kanban (each team chooses the best approach to drive results)
- Reporting and Analytics using Pentaho
- Good English, spoken and written
- Have a programming background in multiple languages, and a good understanding of various coding concepts, solution design, architecture, SysOps and DevOps
- Have a solid understanding of concepts like Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Code Coverage, Code Quality, Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, and Integration Testing
- Are passionate about TDD, thinking how to test and are not trying to ‘escape’ writing Unit or Integration tests. Each developer is responsible and accountable for their delivered work
- Able to estimate effort and deliver on your commitment
- Have experience working with tools like JIRA and Confluence in a fully Agile environment using Jenkins as the CI tool
- Docker, Terraform and Ansible is a plus
- Want to prototype solutions using new cutting-edge technologies and present them to the team (or to the world)
- Comfortable in a fast-moving small company environment where things change
- Able to plan and measure progress to that plan and report progress to the Product
- With proven leadership capabilities, you are able to demonstrate how you have successfully implemented your projects by delegating and delivering through others
- Able to attract, support, and inspire great technical teams
- Able to convince others of expressed point of view, gaining acceptance and buy-in to plans
- Be the ‘bridge’ between London and Cluj, facilitate team meetings, events and will be able to travel to London frequently and when needed
- Competitive base salary
- Company stock options package
- Eligible for discretionary annual bonus
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Health insurance
- 25 days of paid vacation time in addition to national holidays
- Shared office space with a great working environment and a flexible approach to work
- You will love what you do – waking up every day solving one of the biggest social problems of our generation
- Committed team members with broad experience who share a common passion to build a world class business
Of course, everyone’s career has a different path and you may not have all of the skills and/or experience listed above.
However, if you feel you might fit the job, feel free to contact us.
If you're in any doubt about whether to apply and you have many unanswered questions (after all, an enquiring mind is what we're looking for) please e-mail Adriana and we'll get back ASAP with a response to your inquiry.
*Please note that by applying to this role you give your consent to have your personal data processed by us for this role and for future ones.