Tip job: Full-time
About the role
Working closely with the Head of Technology, the CTO and the Global Head of Operations you’ll lead the global technical support function, helping to define and execute the strategic direction of the department.
You'll play an instrumental role in setting up best practice systems and processes to transform the support function into a best-in-class department. You won’t be afraid to roll up your sleeves and help unblock colleagues at the ground level, whilst also providing exceptional and proactive global oversight for support, flagging and resolving issues before they become roadblocks.
● Establish strategic plans with the aim of significantly improve operational performance
● Review current processes and identify ways to streamline/update them so they are built for scale as the company grows
● Identify new tools and technologies to continuously improve the support organization
● Identify sources and trends of technical problems and develop solutions to prevent future occurrences / enable efficient resolution for re-occurring issues
● Implement change across the global organisation through regular and constant communication. Manage change over the tie to ensure change is fully embedded and operating as expected
● Develop KPIs for the global support team and provide regular reporting on performance against targets
● Monitor global performance of product and input on Product roadmap and prioritisation where standards are not being met
● Provide leadership for global support colleagues and act as the voice of support across the organisation
● Act as the voice of the customer across the organization and be the final point of escalation for all complex customer support issues
● Updating FAQs and documentation team members can try to fix problems themselves
● Act as the escalation point for level 2 support as they identify and solve problems raised by customers
● Reproduce issues raised and troubleshoot with the development team when needed to escalate further
Technology is at the forefront of what we do, and the success of our company is based on our world-class technology and on finding solutions to real-world problems that have not been solved to date. Our current stack includes:
● Languages: Java, Python, Vue.JS, Go, Node.js, AngularJS,
● Android apps
● REST APIs
● AWS Cloud using EC2, Aurora, S3 and other services
● JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket (Atlassian products)
● Continuous Integration and Delivery using Jenkins, SonarQube, New Relic, Docker,Terraform
● Test Driven Development environment with focus on testing and quality output
● Agile team using Scrum or Kanban (each team chooses the best approach to drive results)
● Reporting and Analytics using Pentaho
From October 2021, we adopted a hybrid working model where employees will have the flexibility to work a couple of days a week remotely should they wish to.
Education and experience:
● You will have significant experience leading a support function (consisting of L1 and L2 support - ideally global) and will be able to demonstrate where you have successfully delivered process enhancements across the organization
● You are likely to be degree educated having completed studies in Computer science subject
● You are a proven people manager with the ability to inspire and motivate your team
● Familiarity with Android app and API troubleshooting and investigation
● Familiarity with data visualization and troubleshooting
● You are results-driven and can demonstrate how you have delivered effective solutions in a timely manner
● You are comfortable taking ownership and accountability for your work whilst working effectively as part of a larger team
● You have experience working as part of a global team and building positive relationships with internal and external individual across borders
● Demonstrates excellent communication skills. You are a confident and articulate presenter. You communicate clearly in both written and spoken language. You listen attentively; you process and comprehend what you hear. You are also confident enough to ask questions and to clarify ambiguous points.
● You have excellent attention to detail and a meticulous eye for identifying inconsistencies or inaccuracies in data. You take your time to get things right first time
● You are transparent and act with integrity at all times
● Able to organise self, including effective scheduling, prioritisation and time management skills, managing multiple tasks in parallel and completing tasks to tight deadlines
● Track record of identifying problems, analysing options and deploying sound decision-making skills.
● Motivated and curious, you love absorbing new information and are able to reliably recall and figure out how to rapidly apply it. You have the courage, when appropriate to learn new technology rather than sticking to what you know already.
Our shared attributes
● You are both passionate and measured. You carefully balance the need for quick solutions and pragmatism with the ability to step back, take in the bigger picture and build for the long term
● You are transparent in your approach and enjoy healthy, respectful debate. You work hard to build open and honest collaborative relationships
● You get things done and seek to continually improve. Your customers want you on their team
● You are passionate about the value of food and are committed to the fight against food waste
● You are humble in approach and quick to pitch in if you see someone struggling
● Competitive base salary
● Company stock options package
● Pension scheme
● Eye care vouchers
● Life insurance
● Company part-funded health insurance
● 2 Wellness hours per month, plus a £20 monthly wellness allowance
● Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 helpline for your wellbeing
● 25 days of paid vacation time (plus the option to buy a further 5 days annual leave) in addition to national holidays
● You will love what you do – waking up every day solving one of the biggest social problems of our generation
● Committed team members with broad experience who share a common passion to build a world class business
Of course, everyone’s career has a different path and you may not have all of the skills and/or experience listed above.
However, if you feel you might fit the job, feel free to contact us.
If you're in any doubt about whether to apply and you have many unanswered questions (after all, an enquiring mind is what we're looking for) please e-mail Adriana and we'll get back ASAP with a response to your inquiry.
*Please note that by applying to this role you give your consent to have your personal data processed by us for this role and for future ones.
Trimite unui prieten